With the kiddos finally off school and the weather seriously heating up (or stankin’ hot if you live anywhere close to me) your business mindset is bound to change. Summer conjures up a longing to spend hours lounging on the porch sipping lemonade and reading trashy chick lit. It can be tough to crank the A/C, sit your butt down in that office chair and grow your V.A. biz. Not to mention the fact that many clients are taking holidays and slowing down THEIR businesses – Which brings us to today’s post:
5 Ways to Grow Your Virtual Assistant Practice Over the Summer:
1. Put Your Social Media on Auto-Pilot. Use a Social Media Dashboard like “Hootsuite” to connect your social media networks and pre-schedule updates for Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, etc. You keep your fans and followers updated and your social media accounts spinning out great content – all while you’re on vacation!
2. Use ‘slow periods’ to re-vamp your marketing. Does your website need some updating? Haven’t changed your Linkedin profile since you got it? Business cards looking a little tired? Summer is the perfect time to have a look at your online profile and tweak your brand. Spend a little time polishing up your marketing materials.
3. Catch up on your reading – business books that is! What better time to purchase some V.A. ebooks or self study courses and hit the beach with them loaded onto your reader? You will be harnessing new skills to apply to your business while relaxing in the sunshine – all at the same time.
4. Work on a product or program. Have you been toying with the idea of writing a book or creating a training program for your clients? The summer slow-down is the perfect time to get your butt in gear and crank it out, sister. Better yet – you can drag your laptop outside and be inspired by beautiful weather while you do it.
5. Take a break! Don’t forget to take time off. Sometimes a rest and a break from phones, ipads, laptops and technology in general is just what your business craves. Spend time reminding your family how much fun you are and enjoying life. Re-charge your batteries now, so you can be even more awesome later.