It’s 2pm. You’re a busy Virtual Assistant with no time to give in to the crushing post-lunch fatigue that’s sucking away your energy. You need a fast, quick and easy snack to curb the yawn-attacks and give you a nice energy boost that will help you get through the rest of your client-work today!
Here are my personal favorite easy snacks for busy Virtual Assistants:
1. Apple Slices with Almond Butter. Along with boring old antioxidants, flavanoids and fiber (that keep the doctor away), apples have a secret weapon: Natural Glucose actually helps wake up the body. Top it off with some protein-packed natural almond butter to curb hunger and sustain your energy straight through to dinner time, baby.
2. Veggies with Hummus. With so many veggies, and so many flavors of hummus to choose from – this one never gets old. I like cut up zucchini with spicy Hummus. You might grab pre-sliced carrot sticks and Classic Hummus. Whatever turns your crank, you are guaranteed to ramp up your energy with this salty snack that balances blood sugar while tantalizing your taste buds.
3. Hard Boiled Egg. In the Brainy Family House I hard-boil a whole carton at the beginning of each week. (Brainy Gal Tip: Just make sure you clearly write in BIG black magic marker: HARD BOILED all over the carton!) One of the highest sources of lean protein, we throw them in lunch boxes, munch them up for breakfast and they are a wildly popular after-school snack for my kiddos. Added bonus: Hard boiled eggs are a good source of choline which helps to boost brain power! Eggs might just be the perfect business-boosting bite.
4. Coffee. That’s right. You heard me correctly, Coffee. Over the years I’ve tried to quit…I even cleanse 4 times a year and go (gasp!) 10 days at a time with no coffee! Let’s talk the straight truth about this brewed beverage, shall we? Recent studies have shown that coffee may help alleviate depression and prevent cancer, diabetes and even Parkinson’s disease. But that said, it’s not without risks. It is also known to mess with your hormones, wreak havoc on your sleep cycle and can easily become addictive. My advice? If you’re going to stick with the coffee…do so in moderation. I try to limit myself to 1 cup per day. (I said try, OK?.)
5. Cold Herbal Tea. Are you balking a little at the world cold? Well it’s true…I like to brew a full pot of Herbal Tea, pour it into a glass container and keep it refrigerated. Especially during the summer months when my body craves cool. Choose something yummy with Ginseng, Licorice, Rosehips or Ginko Biloba to give you that extra energy punch! My personal fave: Tazo Passion Tea. So yum! You can, of course, drink it hot but it is especially good over ice with a little Stevia to sweeten the deal!
Stay happy and healthy and feel free to share your own ‘go-to’ energy boosting snacks in the comments!
Learn how to make all the ‘techy stuff ‘that goes with online business totally non-overwhelming.
(And – of course – quite profitable.)
Stop wasting time so that you can attract clients and grow your business. Entrepreneurs use launching to grow their business and they need you! If you are a Virtual Assistant (new or experienced) who needs who needs an easy solution to the technical skills and wants to offer launch support to attract high-end clients, then this training is a MUST!
CLICK HERE to learn more about Launch Tech Basics for Virtual Assistants.