As some of you know, this year I’ve been making a solid effort to incorporate more self-care into my cray-cray life as a Virtual Assistant. One of the things I’ve been ‘playing’ with to make life more fun and wonderful are delicious smelling essential oils. Can I just say I am in LOVE? Those teensy (albeit somewhat pricey) bottles of smell-liciousness are making everything I do more…SCENT-sational. Everything from (blah) vacuuming the carpets to (eek) warding off pesky mosquitos can happen naturally with the right blend of essential oils.
But did you know you can use essential oils to increase your Virtual Assistance Business success?
Yeppers…you can! There are probably a thousand-and-one things you can do with essential oils – but here are a few tips to use essential oils to boost your biz….
- MANAGE STRESS – having a super busy day packed with cranky clients, looming deadlines and technology glitches? Ease your stress with LAVENDER oil. It’s no accident that marketers often choose lavender to scent candles or bubble bath soap…this essential oil has been proven to calm anxiety and provide natural stress relief. Use Lavender in a scented oil diffuser or use an essential oil candle in your office to keep you feeling totally ‘zen’ in even the most stressful situations.
- RELIEVE A WORKDAY HEADACHE – if you’re trying to run a business, you need uber quick relief from yucky tension headaches. I suggest you keep a bottle of PEPPERMINT oil handy in a desk drawer. Add 5 drops of peppermint oil to 1 tsp of carrier oil (olive oil works!) and rub into your temples to soothe that nagging headache (just be careful to keep it out of eyes – ouch!). Use any excess to massage into the back of your neck and shoulders. Added bonus: Peppermint oil is also known to improve mood and can perk you up after a long boring meeting.
- INCREASE PRODUCTIVITY – Yup…you can actually get more done and create an atmosphere for better productivity & creativity using ROSEMARY oil. There are loads of studies (really…you can google it) around the use of Rosemary oil to boost mental alertness, enhance memory, elevate mood and actually make you smarter. Not to mention it makes your office smell divine. Rosemary oil is a must-try for a work-at-home entrepreneur!
- PROMOTE SLEEP – everyone knows you can’t run a business like a rock star if you’re an overly tired groggy-pants. And, if you’re anything like me, sometimes the days events can keep you up at night – even if you’re bone tired. Voila – this is the perfect time to use your LAVENDER oil. Simply add 1 or 2 drops to a cotton ball and slip inside your pillow case to promote deep, restorative sleep so you can kill it in your business the following day.
- GET SOAKED – OK…shhhhhh….I’m gonna tell you a secret: Sometimes I have a bath in the middle of the day. And why the heck not…it’s one of the perks of working from home, right? Sometimes a mid-day bath is the perfect way to create a perfect afternoon. The bathroom is also where I keep a whole arsenal of essential oils tucked away because you can use whichever one you need to create whatever mood you want to! Try a few drops of Citrus (lemon, lime or grapefruit) to instantly squash a bad mood. For a stuffed up nose or bad cold a few drops of Eucalyptus oil in your bath water will work wonders. And to relax at bedtime you can swirl in a few drops of lavender along with some epsom salts to promote perfect ZZZZZZZ’s. Feeling creative? Get BIG kicks by experimenting at blending oils together to capture just the right mood – how fun is that?
Do you have ways you use essential oils to improve your business success? This is the place to share ’em with the rest of us! Hit us up with your best ideas in the comments.