Last week I missed the bottom step, rolled my ankle and heard a highly disturbing ‘snap’ which was accompanied by excruciating pain. A trip to emerg confirmed it for me: I have a broken ankle. The forced month of sitting down with your foot up sounded kind of fun at first (seriously???…you mean I get to sit around all day while my family cooks and cleans and waits on me?!?!) But I promise you…it gets OLD real fast! Super boring. The family aren’t exactly thrilled about having to take over my housework and are mostly hiding from me and pretending they can’t hear the ‘bell’ I’m incessantly ringing to get attention.
That said – I have been spending an abnormally large amount of time sitting on the couch engrossed in social media…and in particular, PINTEREST!
Are you using Pinterest? It’s not just awesome for finding recipes and drooling over decor…but you can also use Pinterest to promote and grow your Virtual Assistant business as well!
- Attract clients by creating boards they would be interested in. For example, if your target market is people in the health coaching industry – you might consider creating boards for healthy recipes, workout ideas or healthy living quotes.
- Create Pinterest boards around things you love. How exactly does this help your Virtual Assistance business? Because it allows potential clients to get to ‘know, like and trust’ you. Do you collect coins? Love border collies? Have a gluten allergy? All of those things are searchable on Pinterest! You can create boards full of facts, articles, pictures and info about the things you love. Potential clients may find you through your shared interests. A prospect might randomly check out Pinterest page to get a feel for what ‘you’re really like’ as a person – so be authentic and have fun creating boards around your interests and loves.
- Get “Pinspired“. (Yes I went there with the cheesy play on words). In all seriousness though – Pinterest is an amazing source of inspiration for your Virtual Assistant Business. Not only can you find tools, resources, articles, marketing tips and ideas to start or grow a Virtual Assistance biz…you can also get ideas for quick meals (hey -we’re a busy bunch) stress reduction, brand colors or even how to decorate your office.
- Get traffic to your Virtual Assistant website. You can use awesome (and sometimes free) tools like Canva or Picmonkey to create beautiful images to pin. Link Pinterest images to your Virtual Assistant Services…or perhaps a product you might be selling on your website. Create pins to link back to your blog posts. You can educate potential clients on what a Virtual Assistant is or does and even create infographics with helpful tips that show potential clients the things you are ‘an expert’ at.
- BONUS: If you learn to use Pinterest really well to market your own business…you can also offer Pinterest Marketing as a service to potential clients! It’s totally worth learning and becoming really good at using Pinterest to showcase yourself so that you can become an ‘expert’ and show clients why THEY should hire you to market THEIR business on Pinterest too!
So there you have it! If you aren’t already – start using Pinterest to market your Virtual Assistant business today.
PS – CLICK HERE to get to know me on my Pinterest page – I have LOTS of useful boards for Virtual Assistants too 🙂