15-Minute Coconut Curry Chicken
I promise you will swoon from the incredible scent of simmering coconut milk while making this yumma-licious 15 min recipe. And it turns out oh-so-fancy tasting…no one will believe it only took you 15 mins to make!
- 3 boneless/skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 1-2 sweet potato(es), cubed
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cube your chicken breasts, dice onions, mince garlic and cube sweet potato(es).
- In a large sauce pan, melt 2 Tbsp butter over low heat. Add curry powder and stir to blend.
- Pour in coconut milk and mix well. Continue to keep mixture warm over medium/low heat.
- In a separate large skillet, melt 1 Tbsp butter and saute onions and garlic
- Once onions are translucent, add cubed chicken and cook over medium/low heat.
- When chicken is cooked and is just starting to brown, add chicken/onion/garlic mixture to saucepan of coconut milk.
- Add sweet potatoes to saucepan of coconut milk and mix well. Bring mixture just to a boil.
- When mixture starts to boil, turn heat to low, cover saucepan and let simmer for 30 mins. (Try not to drool from delicious scent emanating from saucepan!)
- Stir in fresh cilantro. Serve over warm rice (my personal fave is Basmati rice) or over cooked quinoa for an added protein punch.
- (For a vegetarian option, you can easily substitute a can of chick peas in place of chicken breasts)