Here is a list of ’Cool Tools’ and amazing training that I have personally used for my Virtual Assistant business or researched in depth and highly recommend for yours:
Are you thinking about becoming a Virtual Assistant? Or perhaps you’re new to the business but still have so many questions and don’t know where to turn? The ebook kit: Become a Virtual Assistant – the Virtual Assistant Forums Guide to Success is a must-have for every Virtual Assistant’s library. Packed with advice, the kit also includes 35 sample contracts and worksheets plus a list of over 100 resources used by VA’s.
Stop stressing and get an awesome Client Welcome Packet created TODAY! This 26 page Step-by-step guide will walk you through the “how” and includes everything you need to Create a Professional New Client Welcome Packet of your own. Includes SEVEN editable templates you can customize and use for your own business Including: New Client Welcome Letter, New Client Intake Form, New Client Questionnaire, Credit Card Authorization Form and as an *ADDED BONUS* THREE Comprehensive Retainer Contract(s) (For United States, United Kingdom, and Canada!)
For Website Creation:
- WordPress: Free blogging platform. Excellent functionality and ease of use. Plugins help your site do almost anything you want to. Many themes available for a customized and professional look. Easy to Use and Maintain.
- Headway: Theme for Customizing WordPress (note – there are probably thousands of themes to choose from. This is my personal favorite and the theme I use)
- Bluehost: Super easy to load WordPress onto. The BEST support I’ve encountered. (note – want to know more about why I LOVE this hosting so much? Read all about my steamy love affair with Bluehost here )
Resources for Graphics and Graphic Design:
- Gimp: Free Image Manipulation Program you can use to create graphics etc.
- Pixlr: Free Image manipulaton Program you can use to create graphics etc.
- Photoshop: Strong Image Manipulation and Graphic Design software. Various paid versions available.
- Dafont: Free fonts available for use on your website/marketing materials
Accepting Payment and Bookkeeping:
- Paypal: Accepts all major credit cards. Will also accept bank transfers from your clients if they also own a paypal account.
- Quickbooks: Accounting Software. Various paid versions
- Freshbooks: Accounting Software. Various paid versions
- Wave Accounting: Free Online accounting resource.
- Geek Goddess Technical Training: Basic General Admin skills are not enough! Every VA needs techie-training in WordPress, Newsletter creation, Merchant accounts and a variety of other highly sought-after VA skills – This course has it ALL. Taught by the oh-so-fabulous Alicia Rittenhouse, this course comes with my highest recommendation.
- Step it Up VA Coaching: Excellent training to improve your business skills and take your VA business to the next level. Taught by ‘Brainy Gal’ Donna Toothaker. This is another course that gets my big, fat stamp of approval.
- Become a Virtual Assistant Guide to Success Ebook: An absolute must-have for new VA’s this guide to success includes 35 Worksheets, Sample Contracts, Business documents and more! An incredible value for the price!
- Exceptional Subcontractors E-Course: One of the best ways to get started in the Virtual Assistance industry is by sub-contracting for other virtual professionals. It gives someone new to the industry the chance to “learn the ropes” while creating an income and establishing their own business. This course teaches you exactly what you need to know to become an ‘Exceptional Subcontractor’ yourself. Click here to view more details
- Aweber: My fave email marketing program and one that’s highly used by clients as well!
For Project Management & File Sharing:
- Basecamp: Paid version only. For scheduling tasks, managing projects, sharing files, collaboration etc.
- TeamworkPM: Super simple project management software to keep projects on track and manage your team. Great starter rates.
- Dropbox: Allows you to bring photos, documents and videos anywhere and share them easily. Various price plans but Free to start!
Remote Computer Access:
For Social Media Management:
- Hootsuite - Allows you to manage various social media accounts from one location. Free version available.
- SproutSocial – High level social media management, scheduling and analytics. Especially great for managing multiple clients.
- Twitcleaner - Analyzes people you follow on Twitter and shows you who are spammers, bots people who never engage or reply back to anyone.
- ManageFlitter – Find out who stopped following you on Twitter and more!
Note: This is a very small list of Resources and Cool Tools for new Virtual Assistants all of which I have used in my own business or have been highly recommended to me by people I trust. Some of my recommendations are affiliate links, meaning that if you decide to purchase using my link I may receive compensation for referring you. But no worries, that fee is never added on top of the price to you. Also note that I have tried very hard to include as many free (or extremely inexpensive) resources as possible. I will be updating this list often so you will always have access to the ‘latest and greatest’ findings! Hope you find this helpful for your VA business.